Monday, June 15, 2009

A break from the the city (Santa Barbara) by going to LA,

On Saturday, I went to the Silver Lake Art and Craft market, where I was a vendor, of sorts. Actually, I was maybe the only person to ever, go to an Art Market anywhere, ever in the whole world, and pay the fee, and select my location and set up my table and not bring or try to sell anything. AND I was absolutely happy with the out come.

First off, it was June 13th and somewhat cold, then it even started to rain, so it made for a nice bleak LA day. Eventually, it cleared up, but at first it was even a little Leytonstonish. Anyway, my thing was to just hang out and paint and get a break from the the city (Santa Barbara) by going to LA, I know what you are thinking, but my life in Santa Barbara is pretty hectic, and well in LA, I usually am not equipped with a computer, or cell phone, and also, I try to go there on the week-ends, Sunday is like a quiet stay home day in LA, where as Santa Barbara is non-stop. So, it was a relaxing day, I was able to work on about 30 paintings, Scooter, our Dachshund came down, did some hardcore sleeping, and occasionally looked over as I was painting. I met fellow vendors, Margarette, Mark, Gene and Tracy sister of Fiora, the Ghettoglosser in charge.

And to top it off, Colleen, from the very cool Communicatrix.com stopped by.

As the morning progressed, I did start to feel a little hungry, so I checked the clock in the car, oops, it's almost 4PM and I've got pressing business back in Santa Barbara at 6:30PM. So, a few quick "See you next weeks," and I find myself racing up the coast. Still haven't slept, and there's a party starting tonight at 3AM so I gotta grab a shower and go. Santa Barbara, the city that forgot how to sleep!

Meanwhile I liked this (a lot), if you would, please, click below.


http://www.communicatrix.com/


Thanks, Brad-


2 comments:

  1. mr. nack-

    what ever happened to indy sagu?...my dreams of euro mtv superstardom are trampled..i can't believe superstardom is an actual word!

    with hope,
    amara

    ReplyDelete
  2. and p.s. what kind of parties start at 3 a.m....and why i am missing out?...makes me feel old that im sleeping instead

    ReplyDelete