Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Deal with the logistics later.


The best way to handle a large scale art project is to, 1st start, and then figure out how to deal with the logistics later. 
When painting with oil, the paint needs to dry over a few weeks or so, therefore storage becomes an issue. On this project, even though the pieces are small, 2,000+ pieces take up more room than most of us have, like 40 by 40 feet. 
So, I was painting and trying to decide how to make a storage system. One idea was to get sheets of cardboard and cut them into manageable sizes, then apply foam to the edges and stack them one on top of the other. This seemed like a lot of work as, I realized I would need about 100 of these. That's a lot of cardboard to cut and a lot of foam to glue. 
Anyway, I was over at my dad's and and he was painting and I looked at the canvas he was holding, I thought, I could build something just like that, about 2X3 feet. It would be perfect, then as some minutes passes, it came to me that I could buy the canvas pre-made. So, I called my supplier and one week later I had 85, 2X3 foot canvas's that I am using for storage. 
Look for new Brad Nack art in the 2X3 foot range coming 2010 and 2011.
(photo Credit: Adam Brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment